Microsoft Sharepoint integration
Content Categorization & Visualization for MS Sharepoint
Microsoft Sharepoint continues to become the platform of choice for storing, searching & retrieving enterprise content to provide organisation-wide access to information and knowledge.
Through it’s integrated FAST search engine SharePoint provides native search capabilities but it does not support advanced analytics and visual content discovery capabilities. Enterprise information is mostly poorly categorized and spread across in unstructured data such as email, PDF files, social media, websites or application files.
Some key issues:
- Searching is time consuming, inefficient and doesn’t allow a consolidated view;
- Content in SharePoint is often filed – and tagged – incorrectly or in an ad hoc manner;
- Search in SharePoint is limited to ‘keywords’ search and to limited content types or incomplete when data is in other repositories;
- It’s hard to do advanced content analytics or create insightful visualizations to be able to report about the unstructured data and to discover hidden trends in the data;
- Users are getting a incomplete picture on what they’re looking for!
KMX makes it simpler for SharePoint users to organize and find content with ease
KMX takes an comprehensive approach to content analytics and visualization helping enterprises to enhance the value of SharePoint.
1. Migrate & Organize
- Users find and tag information to teach the software how to categorize the data
- Enterprises can clean and categorize data before it’s entered in SharePoint
2. Beyond Search & Find
- KMX unique abilities to search, clustering and classification allows organizations to organize data by concept or topic (rather than just key word, work group of file type)
- Users can automatically develop a taxonomy based on information contained in a document collection and easy classify documents into existing or multiple taxonomies
- As documents change and new material is added, KMX incrementally scans, tags and alerts about them automatically. New content is indexed properly within SharePoint.
3. Analyze & Visualize
- KMX efficiently crawls, index, categorize and reports about information from any internal or external source
- KMX adds advanced visualizations when analyzing large sets of content through SharePoint
- KMX clustering, classification and visualization produce more accurate results by automatically delivering highly relevant content that might have been missed by a key word search
- KMX finds the themes between words, paragraphs and documents, uncovering concepts that exists in the data and present it attractively and visually on SharePoint pages
- Users can search, analyze and visualize all content using a single query significantly reducing the time and costs associated with data retrieval and research